End of semester

The end of my first semester is here and while I have learned so much I am also relearning lessons that I want to be through with. Organization has always been a weakness. Throughout my adult life I have gone through so much difficulty and regret as a result of not staying organized.
I choose to write about this now because I can make this a turning point. The close of this semester will be the opening of a new one and with a new start I can be a new student and a new person. Business is about failing forward and getting up more times than you are knocked down. I recognize in myself this weakness that wants to be embarrassed of what  I lack and the embarrassment makes me feel like it is easier to ignore than to face head-on and try to fix it. I have to be the person who can find the weakness and fix it. I have to be strong enough to understand that I am weak and still believe in myself and my ability to overcome my weaknesses.
The Lord says, if you come unto Him, He will show you your weakness...that you may be humble...and if you are...He will make weak things strong. Since I know I am on the path that the Lord has led me to, I can expect that this path will include trials that are meant to humble me so that I can purge my weakness and find my strength. The Atonement of Jesus Christ has given me a new life and in moments of weakness I have to continue to choose the new life that lies just beyond humility.
My advice to anyone beginning their journey would be similar to a friends advice to me. His name is Jose Torres and I asked him if he could talk to himself 15 years ago and give him one piece of advice, a hint, that would point him more directly towards the way he wanted to go he said, "I would tell myself to accept the things I needed to change, faster, and I would do it with a victor mentality and not as a victim." I relate so much to those words and I believe that if that is the advice he would have given himself, it is a powerful lesson. The faster we get to working on ourselves, the sooner we will be able to build something outside of ourselves that will work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a puzzle

Here I am

Men's hearts will fail them