What are my strengths and where will they lead me?

This week we read an interesting paper from Harvard Business school that talked about entrepreneurs and administrators. Suddenly I am unsure about where this Business Administration degree with an emphasis in Entrepreneurial Management will take me. I know that I will come to challenging ideas and situations along my path and I am prepared to remind myself that I am on the right track. Reading that paper though, did cause me to pause and reflect. In my patriarchal blessing it says that I will work in administrative roles with adults and children. I have always wondered what that meant as I have, for a long time, struggled to know what I am supposed to pursue. A couple ideas crossed my mind: 1) I made a mistake, this is not what I am supposed to be doing. (Upon thinking this I quickly reminded myself that I have already received a spiritual witness that I am in the right place.) 2. Well maybe I was only supposed to be put in this place so that I will read this article and know what administrative means, and make the course correction now. (Upon thinking that I had to battle with myself internally a bit to decide if this was my voice or if this was inspiration).

I finally came to the conclusion that if a feeling is right then, it is right now. I am thankful for the spiritual witness that let me know I am on the right track because without it, I would have been deterred today. I am more convinced that the Lord would have withheld that witness, seeing as I was already on the path to finding that information, and that would have been a better way to redirect me if that was necessary. The Lord knows me and He knows that I will hold fast to that witness and use it to overcome obstacles. I know I am an Administrator. I also know I am an entrepreneur. It is for me to believe that I can have the best of both worlds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a puzzle

Here I am

Men's hearts will fail them