I want to be a master budgeter!

I never thought of budgeting as something that I'd like to be a hallmark of my success. Lamely, I thought that budgeting was mostly for the poor. Don't rich people have so much money they don't have to worry about where it goes? Isn't that the meaning of financial freedom?

No. Financial freedom comes after financial conditioning and training and now I see that starts with budgeting. Even though I have been less well to do than I'd like to be I still have not learned to budget. My form of budgeting has been to watch my account and try to spend less than I make. Recently my credit has gone up and so has my credit spending. Now I am pausing to reflect and focusing on paying them back down. I wish I had had a budget from the beginning and after seeing James A Ritchie's video on budgeting I am more excited about having one than ever.

I read The Richest Man in Babylon and it opened my mind to possibilities that are limited to no one. I saw that saving and investing was not just for people who had money, as I thought before. Richie's video took it a few steps further and it really came together for me. Watching all the specific accounts do their work was awesome. I watched it with my husband and we both decided that this is something so simple and profound that we cannot afford not to do it. Right now, before we have started to have kids is the best time to get our finances on track for the future. We have both started our savings, some small investing, and now we need to implement the budgeting to really give ourselves a clear picture of where we are at and what is possible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a puzzle

Here I am

Men's hearts will fail them