A Hero's Journey

I have been thinking a lot this week about how to be a hero to my future family and to myself. I realize that I am laying the foundation for the career I will build. Even my current study habits and my dedication to organization and time management are currently affecting my family. When I don't use my time wisely, I feel stressed and when I feel stressed, I complain. It takes discipline to want to focus on these things for the sake of being a better wife and not just a better student.

I have been praying a lot lately for patience. Right now I am a nanny and with full-time school, I don't always deal with the distractions of the kids I watch with grace. I have this valuable experience to see into the future, myself as a mother. Who am I going to be and what is going to be the most important.

One thing I have realized is that you won't become someone you will be proud of by accident. Like entropy, if left to chance, habits will begin to undo you and time will pull you thinner and thinner until there is little of you left to go around with all the duties there are to fulfill. Creating a life of balance has to be done on purpose. Deciding how time will be spent, with our true purpose in mind, will help me to create a life that will reflect what is in my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a puzzle

Here I am

Men's hearts will fail them