Am I done

I read a case study this week about a woman named Magdalena who I have adopted as one of my heroes. She was never finished improving upon herself. I have decided that the best way I can honor the excitement that I felt when I was reading her story would be to continually ask myself, "Am I done". Is there something more that I need to know, or do, or say, or study, or try, or improve upon etc.. I think this is a great parallel to living the gospel so it must be important. After we find ourselves rooted in the gospel we are counseled to endure to the end. This is about staying close to the spirit so that we know when it is time to do more. What a powerful application this can have to business. Business is about people and people are always changing. Not only that but people deserve the best. We are really here to serve. I know I am here to serve. How am I going to serve if I am not willing to become my best so that I have something worth giving? One of the best ways for me to continue to become my best self is to keep asking myself if I am done. The exhausting thing to think about is that the answer will always be no. I hope I can remember the importance of that and  how it worked out for Magdalena. There was nothing that woman couldn't learn or do and, at that, she would do it better and when necessary she would evolve. I want to be like that and never be done. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building a puzzle

Here I am

Men's hearts will fail them